If you are new to the Liebster Award (like I am too), it is a way of communicating and discovering new blogs from around the world. It is also a way of meeting new people and learning something new about like minded individuals. I've been kindly nominated by two lovely ladies with two amazing fashion blogs from different parts of the world. Firstly I was nominated by Sarah from I Come Undone and then shortly after by Maddie from Feeling Magenta. Thank you both for nominating me and sorry for posting the award so late!
The rules are as follows:
1. Acknowledge the blogger who nominated you and display the award.
2. Answer the eleven questions the blogger gives you.
3. Give eleven random facts about you, they can be about anything.
4. Nominate eleven blogs you think that are deserving of the award (they must have under 200 followers)
5. Let the bloggers know you have nominated them.
6.Give them eleven questions to answer.
1. What made you start your blog?
Whilst at uni, people used to say how much they loved my style and how I inspired them, so I decided to start a blog to document my outfits! Bang Blitz as my creative outlet showcasing my style, imagery, video and writing.
2. What are your top three beauty products?
£1 lipstick from Superdrug is just as good as Mac (in my opinion), Max Factor Master piece mascara and Mac Studio Fix powder / foundation compact.
3. If you could have any job in the world, what would it be?
Something incredibly creative that involves video and motion graphics, with some element of fashion.
4. What is your favourite place you have ever visited?
I absolutely loved Meat Mission in Shoreditch. Perfect combination of amazing burgers, fried pickles and their own brewed beer set to a backdrop of gothic, graffiti style décor. I loved Germany too.
5. What are the most worn items in your wardrobe?
I'm not that in to bags so will use one until it literally falls apart, so currently I'm using a black one with gold hardware from Primark. My black leather Vagabond Dioon boots I wear everyday, as they are the most comfiest shoes and they haven't broken yet! I'm so hard wearing on shoes, they normally don't last long, but these boots are still in perfect condition!
6. Any fashion disasters you want to share with us?
I have a pair of crazy, faux fur moon boots in cream, I wore aged 13 and still have them. I've never been afraid to take risks with fashion. I remember wearing a pair of black patent, pointed ankle boots from Red Or Dead to work when I was 16 and everyone laughing at me, comparing me to the wicked witch in The Wizard Of Oz. Luckily I've never cared what people think of me, but people staring in the street is half the fun!
7. Any items in your wardrobe that you love but nobody else understand?
My boyfriend hates most of what I wear, but especially dislikes a jacket I made once. I took the arms from a faux fur jacket and sewed it on to the body of a leather jacket, but he used to call me the honey monster when I wore it. I quite liked it though!
8. What item are you currently lusting after? Link a photo.
Shoes from Miista! The site is total shoe porn for me! I want all four of them!
|Ava Mint Speckle|
10. Something you have learnt recently?
I have learnt that I LOVE kripsy kreme burgers!
11. A pet peeve?
I have rude people and liars.
1. What's the story behind your blog name?
I looked around my bedroom for inspiration and the first two words I saw were 'bang' and 'blitz'.
2. Where are your favourite places to shop?
Charity shops and I discovered Monki in Germany. Everytime I went in to Monki I found amazing things in the sales!!
3. If you could visit anywhere in the world, where would you go?
I think Antarctica is the most beautiful place in the world. I plan on taking an Antarctic cruise on my 30th birthday.
4. What is your 'go-to' outfit?
Black, chunky boots from Vagabond, any high waisted trousers, long sleeved polo neck, belt and gold earrings.
5. What book(s) are you currently reading?
The book I'm currently reading will reveal my inner geekyness and love for exploring conspiracy theories! I'm reading 'The Ancient Alien Question' by Philip Coppens. It's based on the Ancient Alien show on the History Channel.
6. Who is your favourite fashion icon?
Penny Lane from the film 'Almost Famous'.
7. Coffee or Tea?
I'm incredibly indecisive, so both.
8. What are your plans for summer?
Hopefully book a holiday with my boyfriend, as we have never been away together and I've only ever been on three holidays in my entire life! Also go to Bestival in September.
9. What beauty product do you splurge the most on?
10. What is the last concern you've been to?
The White Lies 'Big TV' tour at the Roundhouse in Camden.
11. What do you look for in a blog?
Individuality, personality and opinion.
Eleven Random Facts About Me
1. My name is full name is Cassandra Ramkalia Bhairo.
2. I'm half Indian and English. Hardly anyone ever guess correctly, people normally think I'm Greek or Spanish.
3. I have British and Canadian dual nationality. I was born and lived in Toronto, Canada until I was 7, where I moved to England and have been here ever since.
4. I'm a qualified gym instructor.
5. My dad is from Guyana in South America and I hope to visit the country one day!
6. Many years ago I worked as a Club 18-30 rep for Thomas Cook in Faliraki, Rhodes in Greece.
7. I work as production assistant in a creative agency in London.
8. I graduated two years ago and studied Digital Film & Screen Arts at UCA in Surrey; experimenting with video art, installation, performance art and fashion film.
9. I'm a feminist and I hate the fact some women think of it as a 'dirty' word.
10. I took 6 bags of clothes to my nearest cash for clothes shop this weekend! But I still have too many clothes!
11. My niece is two years younger than me.
Hello and lovely to meet you my eleven nominees!
Style With Friends
The Velvet Epidemic
My Fashion Log Book
A Pinch Of Petite
Colour Me In
The Fashion Haven
Inside Her Wardrobe
The Glitter Den
Questions For The Nominees
1. Why did you start your blog?
2. What are your passions?
3. What is your most prized possession?
4. Where do you think fashion will be in 30 years time? (e.g. design, technology, trends, publications etc.)
5. What is your dream career?
6. If you could learn something new, what would it be?
7. Describe the perfect shoes.
8. If you ruled the world, what would you do?
9. What's your favourite website you click on daily / frequently?
10. What was the last art exhibition you went to?
11. Where do you see your blog in 3 years time?
Thank you for nominating me Sarah and Maddie! Looking forward to seeing your posts bloggers!
Follow me on