Oktober Feast / Street Feast 2015



Inspired by the traditional German festival celebrating glorious German beer and food, such as bratwursts and pretzels smothered in sauerkraut; Street Feast in collaboration with Big Eater presented Oktober Feast. Hawker House in Canada Water, hosted the meat and beer event, choc-a-bloc full of vendors and foodie fanatics alike.

I was lucky enough to win a pair of tickets along with my colleague who also won tickets! Last Friday we headed down after work and was amazed by how packed the venue was, there simply were not enough tables to perch at for eating and drinking on. Hardly any room to manouvre round the vendors either. I've been to Street Feast events before such as the recent National Burger Day and there was always space to enjoy your food.



Meringue Girls (above)


The entry ticket gave you one free beer in a German stein glass, with choice of an English brewed beer or a German beer - I chose the German beer!

Bleecker Street was the first vendor I headed for to sample the 'Reuben Burger' created especially for the event. Consisting of a beef patty, topped with beer braised sauetkraut and emmental cheese packaged in a sesame seeded bun. I enjoyed every bite of the soft juicy meat and the sourness of the sauerkraut was the perfect addition. Bleecker Street never disappoints!

 Busan BBQ

Next up I headed to Busan BBQ for their bratwurst smothered in beer cheese, kimchi and sprinkled with fresh chilli. I've built up my spice tolerance over the past year, but this was way too spicy for me to have enjoyed. All i could taste was chilli, which I was extremely disappointed with, as the beer cheese and bratwurst drew me in. I couldn't finish it all as the spice tainted my taste buds and stumped my appetite. I will continue to build my spice tolerance!


Bleecker Street

I did manage to top it all off with dessert from the Meringue Girls; apple strudel, Green & Black's vanilla ice cream and a piece of rainbow meringue. Presented in a kitsch wooden box with gingham napkins, it was the best way to end Oktober Feast!



If you adore Street Feast, I'd recommend visiting their events as it's an unforgettable experience from good quality food vendors. The only let downs for me were the lack of perching areas and the menus sent out via email, were different to what the vendors offered on the day. Food was still amazing no matter what was on the menus, but was looking forward to the black forest profitroles!

Roll on the next Street Feast event!




For more follow me on

2 comments:

  1. That food all looks so so amazing! I absolutely love Germany and their food. I'm off to Berlin in December and can't wait. This looks like so much fun, I would have love to have gone, thanks for sharing your photos x

    Sophie Elizabeth
    www.popcornandglitter.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I adore Germany too, I would love to live there one day! I'm off Berlin next week can't wait to eat lots of currywurst and drink lots of beer! Share your photos of your trip when you get back 😃

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.