Twinings Liquorice Allsorts Review



Tea is an essential part of daily life, so why stick to the same variety? I'm looking to expand my variety of tea and venture further than my favourites Chai and Darjeeling, to try something new. Having found a box of Twinings' Liquorice Allsorts Earl Grey tea in the cupboard I decided to give it a spin, even thought I'm not a massive fan of Liquorice. 

The back of the box gives the inspiration behind this particular blend of tea:
'The story goes that Liquorice Allsorts were created through a tray of sweets which got dropped and mixed together... A little like blending you might say. We like the art of blending, so our master blenders have infused top quality, whole leaf Earl Grey tea, bursting with bergamot flavour, with the flavours of Liquorice Allsorts to give this classic a twist, for a sweet yet floral, refreshing taste.'

The back of the box seemed interesting, but could the tea convert a liquorice hater? I brewed the tea and after a few sips, I decided it's not too bad. The taste of Liquorice Allsorts is subtle and definitely one for all the hardcore Allsorts fans out there. Unfortunately Twinings did not convert me in to a Liquorice lover, but I will continue my quest to expand my tea knowledge and find the perfect variety.



Follow me on

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.