#1DRESS2WAYS Competition with WIWT & House Of Fraser


Fashion sharing website WIWT are running an amazing competition in conjunction with House Of Fraser. They are trying to prove that you don't have to spend money all the time on new clothes and instead, can update your wardrobe by styling existing pieces with accessories. All you have to do, is take one dress from your wardrobe and style it three different ways. Then tweet House Of Fraser using the hashtag #1Dress3Ways with all three images attached to the same tweet. Or enter on Instagram if you prefer, doing the same as above.

You could win one of three outfits that What I Wore Today creator Poppy Dinsey has styled, for the competition! Poppy chose a gold Biba dress from the House of Fraser website and styled it around three ideas: party, lunch with friends and a work look. Check out her looks here for inspiration. I've got my eye on the work look, that Michael Kors bag is amazing!

I stuck to a similar idea as Poppy and based my outfits around evening / casual / work. I bought this strappy black dress from a charity shop a while ago and found it fun trying to style it differently. Check out my looks in more details below.

I happen to reuse lots of items in my wardrobe as I cannot afford to buy new bits all the time, so the competition was easy for me! I have really enjoyed finding new ways to wear things over the years and have of course, made some funny fashion disasters. One particular time at 19 years of age, I wore a thin belt over a strappy top, above my boobs. Don't ask me why! 

Get styling, but be quick you only have until the 16th November to tweet your entry!


Evening Look

I chose to style the dress creatively trying to show a new way of wearing a maxi dress. I have just purchased this leggings on sale at Urban Outfitters and thought they would look great underneath the dress. I pinned the dress to the side with a vintage brooch which was my Grandmother's. Along with the statement necklace, the jewellery adds some much needed glitz to the black outfit. The baby blue faux fur scarf and pastel sandals, give the look a splash of glamour and subtle colour. Being half Indian, it feels like this outfit is me subtly embracing my heritage, what do you think?

Dress - Charity shop / Similar
Faux fur scarf - Charity shop / Similar
Necklace - Accessorize / Similar
Brooch - Vintage / Similar
Rachel sandals - Miista / Similar





Casual Look

I threw a turtleneck over the top of the dress, for an easy casual look. I think even putting a simple mini dress over the top of the maxi could look pretty cool, an easy layered look. I added a black backpack from Topshop and my new black Miista boots, both with small detailing. The gold hardware on the backpack and cut out lace detailing, on the top of the boots. A scrunchie in my hair and large gold shell earrings completed the casual look.

Velvet turtleneck top - Charity shop / Similar
Backpack - Topshop / Similar
Earrings - H&M / Similar
Jeanine Boots - Miista




Work Look

This is my favourite look of the the three. I love the pop of green colour of my brogues which brightens up the monochrome look. Anything can be worn underneath simple strappy dresses such as the black one, that's what makes it essential that you own a little black dress. This is a smart look, that could be worn to the office or even out casually. The wool hat makes it cosy enough for the winter and the avon panther necklace, creates an interesting detail to the collar area.

White shirt - Charity shop / Similar
Elise panther necklace - Avon
Wool hat - H&M / Similar
Victoria brogues - Miista










Follow me on

4 comments:

  1. This is so cool, love your ideas! Especially love the third look, it has a very 'American Horror Story:Coven' edgy (and slightly minimal) vibe, you look fab!
    Feel free to check out our latest post x
    http://looklovewear.blogspot.co.uk/2014/11/silver-shoes-and-other-things.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I only saw the first series of American Horror Story, will have to watch the others. Love the post, I nearly bought those two shoes myself!

      Delete
  2. great ideas ! third look in my opinion is the best !

    www.madamedaria.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I agree the third one is my favourite too :)

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.