LoveBox 2014


Backpack, Trainer Spotter / Playsuit, ASOS / Sunglasses, Topshop

A few weeks ago, Victoria Park in Hackney played host to the most exciting day festival this summer. Lovebox was a festival full of fun activities at every corner, along with a complete mix of artists including The Horrors, Crystal Fighters, MIA, Djs such as Ben Pearce, Scuba, Tensnake and hip hop legend Nas. This was my first time at Lovebox and didn't know what to expect or what to wear! I bought this amazing embroidered playsuit from ASOS with flowy sleeves, and it's actually quite easy to get on and off when in a rush for the toilet! The backpack is from menswear brand Trainer Spotter and added a pop of colour to my mainly black outfit. With rain and thunder due to cloud over on the Saturday, I wore my Vagabond boots and packed tights, a hat and raincoat. However the weather man was wrong and I partied hard in overpowering heat and sunshine!

I was most looking forward to seeing my favourite band The Horrors who I'd never seen before. Unfortunately I was very drunk by the time they started and was the only one in the crowd who was dancing and shouting things out haha. My friend pointed out a few times that lead singer Faris, kept looking at me! I don't blame him in my drunken state! Other highlights that I remember were Crystal Fighters, who I've only just discovered and absolutely love! They wore amazing outfits including a large American Indian headdress full of feathers and intricate gowns. Nas was absolutely amazing and the crowd went mental as he played his Illmatic album and other classics. I also managed to see Horse Meat Disco as I adore my disco music! But I managed to miss Banks; the up and coming r n'b singer who sounds like she's from London. Her debut album is out in September, but listen to her previous tracks you won't be disappointed. 

With plenty of food stalls offering all kinds of cuisines I was stumped what to choose, until I saw a large sign that read 'Prosecco & Seafood' and headed straight towards it! Bonnie Gull describes itself as a 'seafood shack' in the city, serving up fresh British seafood to the setting of a nostalgic seaside holidays of our youth. With two mains to choose from at their pop up at Lovebox, I chose the crab with lettuce and pickled cucumber in a brioche roll over the fish finger sandwich. It was so delicious that I plan on making a visit to their restaurant on Foley Street. 

The next morning me and Nathan treated ourselves by making Eggs Benedict with spinach, which was surprisingly easy and very tasty. It turned out just as good as restaurant quality! (Check out the bottom of the post to see our final efforts!)






Red Bull Tent
Horse Meat Disco
Crab with lettuce and pickled cucumber in a brioche roll by Bonnie Gull

Ben Pearce
Scuba
Soul II Soul
The Horrors
The Horrors
The Horrors
The Horrors
Nas
Nas
Crystal Fighters
Crystal Fighters
Crystal Fighters
Outside Horse Meat Disco
Bumper cars!
Eggs Benedict with spinach - morning after treat to myself

Follow me on

1 comment:

  1. Amazing festival outfit, that dress is amazing! xx

    fashiontatt.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.