Grimes / Style Crush / Music Videos


If you haven't already heard her music, listen to Grimes NOW. I've been listening to her ethereal vocals all summer and I can't get enough of her. She hails from Canada and has been making music for a long while now, describing her style as 'post-internet'. I'm not too sure what this means exactly, but check out the interview she did with the guardian here.

In the interview, Grimes describes herself, "I'm a super-introverted person. I don't even wear shoes with heels because I hate making a noise when I walk and people looking at me. In my dream world, I would just write music for Rihanna and sit in pyjamas and have really dirty hair." For someone who is so introverted, she has a unique voice that complements an amazing sense of style.

Her style I would describe as eccentric meets innocent topped off with a short fringe. Bindi's frequently are worn with elements of cyber punk reflected in her clothing and shoes. I've posted a few of my favourite Grimes' songs below, check them out.

Skin

Oblivion

Genesis

Vanessa

Follow me on

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.